Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I and Love and You

The new Avett Brothers album "I and Love and You" is one of the best albums that I have listened to in a while. Like I did for the new Dave Matthews Band album, "Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King," I will pick a few of the songs that I really like and tell you why.

1) The Perfect Space - this song not only has amazing lyrics, but the sound is amazing too. One thing that I like about the album overall is that it shifts from the bluegrass sound and transfers to a more folk sound. There is a shift that occurs in the middle of this song that is mind boggling.

2)Kick Drum Heart - not only is this a great studio version, but it's a great live song as well. The drums in this song are amazing. I don't so much like the song for it's lyrical value as much as I just like the drums.

3)Laundry Room - this song is nothing more than lyrical genius. I don't even particularly like the melody, I just love the words. They leave me thinking.

Once again, overall...this is an amazing album. and I recommend that whether or not you are a fan, that you check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment