Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Looming Tower

I have recently taken the task upon myself to be more knowledgeable of the Middle East, and more specifically on Afghanistan. I am currently reading "The Looming Tower" by Lawrence Wright, and it is one of the most informative books that I have read in recent months. I figured that I should kill two birds with one stone, and am going to write my literary analysis for my College Composition class on the book.

I read a piece of an article about why Wright titled the book "The Looming Tower" and in the fourth Sura of the Qur'an it says "Wherever you are, death will find you, even in the looming tower." For some reason, this line intrigues me.

On a different note, I feel like my admissions essay went extremely well. We talked on everything from music to the health care debate to Afghanistan to why I want to attend Swarthmore.

and on a much different note, these past four days we had Revival at my church. Not only has it left me with a greater sense of the world around me, but with a greater sense of who I am and of who my God is. There will more than likely be more to come on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment