Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Day with TJ and Little Jimmy Madison

Yesterday was a lot of fun. Minus the rain, it was an experience that I will never forget. I got up at 4:30 and was actually early getting to school! I had decided to sit near the front of the bus, because I had a lot of homework, and I knew that the back of the bus would not be a good environment to be in to complete. Low and behold, the front of the bus wasn't either. It was ok though, I had lots of good conversation.

When we got to Monticello, it was rainy and foggy, but it was still beautiful. I kept thinking in my head that on day like this Thomas Jefferson probably sat in his study reading some of the greatest philosopher's writings. Or that he just sat by the window in his study pondering all of life's questions.

Next stop was UVA, and I loved the campus. It was beautiful and busy yet peaceful. I looks like an application will be sent that way.

The last stop was probably my favorite. I love Montpelier. Although there was very little furniture in the house, I could imagine the Father of the Constitution sitting in his study while he figured out the best form of government. I could see him standing outside, looking at one of the most gorgeous views I have ever seen.

It was a great day, from having a yawning war to great conversation to the weather to just being with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment