Saturday, December 5, 2009

Cardboard,

I was looking through some old stuff that I have written and I found this. The more that I read it, the more I like it.

As I was reading something that I had written almost 2 months ago, and something caught my attention. I had written something that I hadn't even really thought about before.

...but I also think about how, for the most part, cardboard is durable..unless an outside force breaks it down.

When I read that, I realized, if you substituted the word cardboard with the word humanity, it's the best description of humanity that I could give at this moment.

I mean, a tribe in Africa is capable of surviving by itself until an oppressive government comes into the country and begins taking away resources, ignoring tribal boundaries, and for some places, killing off whole races and tribes.

As we get older, our "durability" to the outside forces switches. When we're younger, physical durability is something that we have a high tolerance to. We can fall and get a scrape and after 5 minutes be up and playing again.

I know that as I get older, my durability to things around me has weakened. Whether it be on a local, statewide, national, or international level; when I see something that's wrong. I want to change it, but I can't change everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment