Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Into The Wild

Not only is "Into The Wild" an amazing movie, it is also an amazing book. Christopher McCandless' journey for self-actualization is an inspiration to me.

I have watched the movie probably 20 times and read the book at least a dozen. The last time I watched it, I heard a line that I had never paid attention to before. McCandless, played by Emile Hirsch, is standing at the top of a cliff talking to Ron Franz, trying to encourage him to climb up the cliff to see the view. He says to him, "The core of mankind comes from new experiences." These words are something that have stuck with me over the past two weeks as I've done things that I have never done, and more than likely will never do again.

Along with not only being a great movie and a great book, there is a great soundtrack. Eddie Vedder, lead singer of Pearl Jam, did the soundtrack as an attempt at a solo career.

No comments:

Post a Comment