Monday, March 29, 2010

It has been a while...

but that is because I have been pretty busy lately.

In the past few months I have:
-given a couple presentations on Darfur.
-I have had 3 interviews.
-I have been hired as a Common Good Summer Fellow for Congressman Tom Perriello's re-election campaign.
-I have been accepted to Mary Baldwin and American University and wait-listed at Bryn Mawr.
-I have gotten glasses
-Helped organized and helped ran a meeting for the Virtual Va social studies club with Congressman Perriello

Throughout all the hustle and bustle of what senior year holds, I have been enjoying life in general.

I have been doing lots of reading as well. In College Composition we have been reading the Romantic poets, and I can't help but think about how much I love Lord Byron's writing. The one line that has been sticking out in my head for days is, "I love man not the less, but Nature more."

I have also had a Henry David Thoreau quote stuck in my head. I first heard it when former Governor Tim Kaine was speaking at Girls State. He opened his speech with "I love my fate to its very core and rind." These are two lines that in general sum up how I feel at the moment about my life and I although I couldn't be more confused about what I will be doing after high school - I would not change a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment