Sunday, June 6, 2010

"There Was a Kid...

with a head full of doubt, so I'll scream til I die and the last of those bad thoughts are finally out."

Graduation has come and gone and in two days time I am going to be sitting on the beach with a book in my hand relaxing. As I start to plan out my summer, I am realizing that I am on the go pretty much the entire summer. I leave on Tuesday for the beach, come back next Monday. That Thursday I am heading up to Staunton to spend the night and then on Friday I am going to Mary Baldwin's campus to set up my schedule and all that good stuff. That Monday I start work, then on July 10th I am off to spend two weeks at UVa, which I couldn't be any more excited for! I come back and then up until the 13th of August I am back on the internship. Then sometime around August 22 I leave for school.

While looking at my summer schedule, which will not go as smoothly as I am hoping it will go, it seems a little overwhelming. Although I know that I can handle it and that this is the last time for a while that I am going to be able to make an impact on my community before heading off to school.

Speaking of school - I am finding it very hard to believe that in the morning I don't have to get up to go to class. I am almost a little sad. While I didn't cry on Friday night, the realization that I am never going to have a class with these kids ever again makes me sad. Although it makes me even more excited for Sorensen this summer and then heading of to school in the fall.

I can't help it, I'm a nerd.

No comments:

Post a Comment